Thursday, March 20, 2008

Watching Airplanes

Now this post may shock some, I actually like a country artist, well really a few to be exact. Its part of being a music critic i suppose, you have to listen to all types of genres. So i branched out. My best friend introduced me to Gary Allen who has an amazing voice, I am proud to say his new CD, Living Hard. I bought this album for my friend cause i cant play her ipod in my car when ever we were on our way to a sad event. She loves the song Watching Airplanes. So when she got out the car the next day i rolled down the widows and dared to listen to the rest. Squinting my eyes ready to bare the worst, i was amazed when the next track didn't send me rushing to turn my CD player off. Gary Allen holds song with lyrics that aren't just about a woman finding a man's tractor sexy! They are meaningful and hold character.

This artist amazed me proving me wrong of my stereotype on country music. From now on ill listen to whatever whenever... who knows i could find something great!

No comments: