Monday, March 10, 2008

It's nine in the afternoon....

when i first started listening to 96.5 the buzz i was obsessed and first semester my eighth grade year i was getting ready and Afentra (spelling?) introduced a new "underground" band called Panic! at the Disco. Oh yes said Panic! at the Disco. The song they played was lying is the most fun a girl can have without taking her clothes off. I don't know if it was their witty song titles, or Brandon Urie's sweet voice that won me over, but i became obsessed. I bought their CD and memorized all the songs, and when i heard they were coming to Kansas City i freaked out and made sure i had a ticket. May i say, it was more then worth it. Panic! at the Disco puts on one of the most amazing performances you will ever see. I remember listening to the Hush Sound and wanting to get back the moments in my life that i wasted hearing them play INDOORS, now i have no problem with the Hush Sound, i actually love them. But they are not at all a band for indoors, the sound was extremely loud for the little theater of the Uptown. Then a band worthy of praise came out, The Dresdon Dolls, putting on a performance that was unforgettable. Finally the lights dimmed and the new Fab Four came out and wooed their audience. It was a performance that was simply unforgettable. Putting on an act much like that of a circus they kept their audience entertained from the time they got on the stage till it was time to call it quits. Soon after the boys' tour ended it was time to get busy and write a new album. Rumors of them escaping to a cabin and reinventing their sound were quick to spread. I grew very uneasy cause Panic! was about the only eme-esc band that i even enjoyed listening to. Then it came to my attention one day that Panic! had released a new single, Nine in the Afternoon. I quickly had to take a listen and instantly fell in love all over again. This time with a new sound, they are back and better then ever. But it came to my concern that they sounded very flamiliar and then it hit me as i was watching FUSE and they boys were in an interview and they had said they had been compared to the Beatles! That was exactly it! I highly suggest listening to this stupendous band! They are well worth it!

No comments: