Monday, February 11, 2008

Well see what you wanna see

It occured to me on my break from writing that everyone has a view on music, what is good whats bad. Wether a band is considered a certain genera or not. But they can be extremely closed minded and think that they are constantly right. However, music is open to many interpretations. I see music as something that can help me get over something. Or cheer me up in a way. To others its simply a social thing, for parties. A dance enthusiasts uses music to find a beat, only simply an accessory. Good quality music to me, like the Beatles, is merely something the movie Accross the Universe was based off of. It's all different to everyone. Ipods can be something that holds your world, or is just something to block out the world. I need music. When im down i listen to In my Room by the Beach Boys. When im hanging with one of my friends we listen to LOW by... flow rida? If i have a crush i listen to Tela Flora, and if im angry i listen to Norma Jean. You don't have to like just one type of music. This undefines me from any genera of music. I like it all, although i do prefer alternative rock music over must. But i am still open to many different types. Music is just music, not a popularity contest or something worth fighting over.

2 comments:

aleisha said...

I agree with you, my music is the soundtrack to my life. Like walking through the halls at school you have the music that you sway to and just makes you feel good and makes you work or chill. Music is a religion to alot of people including me, its not something that you listen to it something you feel. I listen to alot of rock, heavy metal, rap, jazz, indie, and the list goes on but, your music can define who you are alot of the time.

SweetInsanity said...

you are sooooooo open minded.