Wednesday, February 20, 2008

But i'm tongue tied and terrified of what i'll say

If you were forced to make a choice to listen to one band, and one band only for the rest of your life, what would it be? It would have to be a band that fit all moods; something you listen to when you sad, happy, angry. A choice like this for some people would be extremely hard to do. So here are some extremely good bands to listen to when you are feeling a mix of emotions and need a good tune.

1. Mayday Parade: a sample of their lyrics is the title of this blog. They are a mix of alternative and emo lyrics that portray stories in the song. Often about romance, the songs are easy to memorize and sing a long too. The band also give a good level of fast songs and slow ones, making their CD easy to fit to any mood. The singer's voice is mellow, yet strong, that can easily persuade you to fall in love with the band.

"Let's not pretend like you're alone tonight (I know he's there) You're probably hanging out and making eyes (while across the room, he stares) I bet he gets the nerve to walk the floor And ask my girl to dance, and she'll say yes"
-Miserable At Best


2.Bright Eyes: Making their first big break in 1998, Bright Eyes is an indie-folk rock band that can captivate you into a world of good music. All mellow and low key, Bright Eyes is a band that brings lyrics you have to think about but can easily fall in love with and sing along to.

"Lately I've been wishing I had one desire
Something that would make me never want another
Something that would make it so that nothing mattered
All would be clear then
But I guess I'll have to settle for a few brief moments
And watch it all dissolve into a single second
And try to write it down into a perfect sonnet
or one foolish line"
-A Perfect Sonnet


3. New Found Glory: introduced their first album Its All About The Girls in 1997, but are probably known best for Catalyst released in 2004. New Found Glory has a very poppy sound rather then punk. But are far better then anything Simple Plan or Good Charlotte could ever be. Also New Found Glory started to cover older songs in 2000 with the cd From The Screen To Your Stereo. With songs like That Thing You Do and (Everything I Do) I Do It For You. In 2007 New Found Glory released the second volume of the cd with an amazing version of Kiss Me and a remake of the classic song Dont You ( Forget About Me) from the movie The Breakfast Club. Proving they are able to play any song, NFG is great to listen to for any kinda mood you can think of.

"And I can tell you’re going through the motions
I figured you were acting out your part
Once again, we’re playing off emotion
Which one of us will burn until the end?"
-All Down Hill From Here



so here is my list, my top 3 bands that if it were me, i would take one of them with me. But is all up to you. So my question that i would love answered is if you had to listen to one band and one band only for the rest of your life, what would it be?





1 comment:

Punkshot said...

so i definately agree with the Mayday Parade and New Found Glory. i could live the rest of my life listening to them. These two bands in my personal opinion are absolutely extrodionary and i personally hope that Mayday will be releasing more songs soon, unfortunately they are still on tour and have already passed through the wonderful show-me state.

As for New Found Glory though, i have always loved them since Catalyst, and with their new CD's From the Screen to Your Stero with just cover songs, what more could you ask for?