Wednesday, February 27, 2008

and i'm taking all your memories off the shelf

Movies often have soundtracks. Good, bad, mediocre. But sometimes life writes its own soundtracks. Recently their was a death amongst my friends, and i noticed how my best friend reacted to their loss. As i rode along side them in the car they handed me to their ipod and said "play something, anything, just not sad." I quickly plugged it in and played a Buckcherry song that we loved. Then we moved onto Low by Flow Rida, then a few more funny songs. Then my friend asked me to play a song that was representative of the person we had lost. I held her hand and we sang along. All of this reminding me of a few years back when i lost my grand mother. Certain songs got me through the day: My little Girl by Tim McGraw, Guardian Angel by the Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Memory by Sugarcult. I never realized until that moment today when i was riding with my friend that in times of sorrow we write our own soundtracks of songs that make us think of a certain someone or time and place that we wish we could go back to.

you may not agree, and think this is my attempt to share my sob story.... but think about it.

write a soundtrack.

No comments: